Tuesday, July 17, 2007

When you receive a friend request you're supposed to CONFIRM IT

Ok, little rant here: WHY IS NO ONE IN MY GENERATION TECH-SAVVY ENOUGH TO BE A REGULAR FACEBOOK USER?

I mean, hey, sure it takes a lot of technical know-how to maintain Minnesota's premier political weblog but no "mad skillz" are needed to click on a link in an email, sign up for Facebook, and BE MY FRIEND!

Come on, people, get out of the stone age and onto The Information Superhighway. Even if it was invented by Al Gore (heheheh), it is still pretty damn useful. Heck, without the internet I would just be yet another obscure oppo researcher for the GOP!

At least I have two friends on Facebook:
Matthew W. Haapoja and
Steve Jepsen!


Matt and I are good buddies. We were in the thick of it together back when the "controversy" of my employment with the Minnesota Republican Party got the Democrats' panties all in a bunch. He stepped up though and got that all settled with the Campaign Finance and Public Disclosure Board. Thanks, Matt!

But more importantly, thanks for being my Facebook friend!
FBBFF!!!

(For the uninitiated, that stands for: Facebook Best Friends Forever! Oh, and a hap-tip to you, good sir, for the awesome profile pic of Ronald Reagan Elementary School. Don't you think it's pretty pathetic that there are no buildings honoring our greatest president here in Minnesota?)

And good old Steve Jepsen... now where have I worked with Steve again? Oh that's right we were tight during the Bush-Cheney '04 race, helping to spread the good word in Minnesota. Now, people will tell you that being in charge of the field staff just blows (you have to deal with those pimple-faced college sophomore underlings, but, wait... I do remember a Jessica... Jess?... who worked under him for a while and honestly wasn't half bad looking) but at least Steve got to go out a bit and do lit drops and door knockings and all that old skewl jazz while I was stuck cooped up in the office doing research.

Thanks for the good times, Steve!
FBBFF!!!

Oh, and I'd like to give a shout-out to my personal cheering section, the members of FANS OF MICHAEL BRODKORB!

It's getting to meet awesome conservative young people like yourselves that makes all this work worthwhile. If I can inspire the kids with this new pioneering media endeavor, then the battle has been won.

You guys rock!

Keep up the good work. But please, tell your friends, spread the word, and get that group really going!

UPDATE:
Oh and I wouldn't mind a friend request or two!

UPDATE #2: At the very least, Jessica, if you are reading this: would you please just stop denying my friend requests and add me as a "limited" friend, if that's what it takes?!?

No comments: