Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Reader Mail!

I've just gotten my first piece of fan mail (send me your thoughts, feelings, starting points for discussions to mndemocratsexpose@gmail.com!) here at my new personal diary blog. Exciting! Here it is:
Hey "FMB"!

WTF man? Is you fo realz? I've seen these fake diary sites before and either your a) dumb as shit, b) crazy as a fox, or c) just another FSJ wannabe. So which is it? Oh and how come your all up in this CREW/Franken Flunky grill? Aren't you just a shill for the GOP (specifically, for Mark Kennedy and Michele Bachmann)?!? I mean, I'm not trying to be critical... just helping you cover your bases man.

Sincerely,
A Big Fan from Mankato

Well, ABFfM, thanks for your email! I will answer your questions in order.

First, yes I am "fo realz." By modelling my personal diary on that of Fake Steve Jobs, I am creating a smokescreen of mystery:
  • Is he or isn't he?
  • If not yes, then who? Why?
  • If yes, as you said, "WTF?"
In the end, the mystery allows me to "let my hair down" and be mo' "realz" fo' you (notice, I get to use some crazy funny font sizes and colors... awesome huh?!). I can say things here that I can't say at my news-leading, hard-hitting, journalistically-superior, world-conquering weblog, Minnesota Democrats Exposed. MDE has become just too big, and it can get a little stifling having to serve that demanding audience all the time. So here I am, reaching out to those true fans who want to know more about the man behind the phenomenon.

Think of this as the site where you can get to know just "Mike," not "Michael B. Brodkorb."

And to answer your second question, well, I have been up front about my financial wheelings and dealings (ever since I was called out on it, that is). But come on, a playa's gotta pimp, know what I mean man?! Blogging ain't no holiday, believe you me. After a long day of posting kick-ass screeds, so what if I like to kick back at a few party fundraisers and take in the perks? So what if I take some cash on the side from righteous campaigns and help them fight the good fight against the neofascist liberal hatemongers on the left? Means to an end, man, means to an end.

The difference between me and this Sloan dude is pretty clear: he's a liberal and is trying to destroy America by getting Franken elected. Well it's not going to happen... Minnesota won't stand for Hollywood deciding what's best for us.

Next question!

1 comment:

Curt Prins said...

Whether paid as a
Consultant not a blogger,
You are still their tool.